Rock & Surf Angling
To get the best out of this type of angling you need to fish the best areas at the best time of the year and make use of the services of a specialized and experienced fishing guide.
These guides are familiar with the local waters and which bait is best used under which conditions.
The stunning array of species you can look forward to encountering are Bronze Whaler (Copper), Cow (Broadnose Sevengill), Soup Fin, Smooth-hound, Spotted Gully, Ragged-tooth (Sand Tiger / Nurse Shark), Dusky, Blackfin, Zambezi, and Hammerhead sharks, Honeycomb, Butterfly,and Blue rays, Cob, Bronzebream, Steenbras, Shad, Garrick, Blacktail, Cape Salmon, Yellowtail,and Musselcracker just to name a few.
A variety of angling options are available and packages can be tailored to suit all ages and levels of experience. We actively encourage a ‘catch (photograph) and release' policy whilst fishing.
Packages include the following:
- Top class accommodation
- All meals and refreshments
- Transport to and from designated airport
- Transport to angling areas
- The use of latest, quality fishing tackle
- Live/fresh Bait
- Splash jacket, quick-dry fishing shirt and cap
- Knowledgeable guides
Here is a guideline to help you plan and choose the right destination at the time of the year that you wish to fish in that location:
- Western Cape (Cape Town) — November to March
- Southern Cape (Knysna / George) — October to April
- Eastern Cape (Port Elizabeth) — November to April
- Border (East London) — Year Round
- Transkei (Port St. Johns) — March to September
- KwaZulu-Natal(Durban) — June through July
- Zululand (Sodwana) — September to March